Friday, July 15, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 7/15/2022

Afternoon winging session at Hickam after work.  I picked up Kalani at the NEX parking lot and we were setting up around 3pm.  The wind was steadier than it had been, but lighter also.  I opted for the Kujira 1440 and the RS 6.1

Correct call on the gear (finally).


Kalani used his 6.0 SW2 - but should have opted for the bigger front foil.


The tide was really full again so I went over the reef instead of through the channel.  There were some waves coming through - but not from the epic sized swell that is supposed to be on it's way.  


Even though it was on the light side, this has been the best wind all week (ENE and relatively steady).


Most of the knock downs I had were while I was trying to figure out how I had tacked this wing before.  Where it had been super easy before, I was back winding a lot the past few days.  Eventually I re-figured it out (gotta get the front of the wing up higher).


I'm not sure I believe the max speed from the runs today.

This weekend will see a supersized south swell hit and the remnants of Hurricane Darby pass to the south of us (bringing strong winds).

W:66/F:61/S:17

No comments: