Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 7/20/2022


Work was busy today - and I had the privilege of getting to pick La up from her work (and I got to talk to Mark about wing foil racing in San Francisco) - so we got to Hickam a hair later than I normally do.

I went to drop off the Narrow Wing Foiling Board with Jim.  He's going to try it out and see if he likes it (I need to thin the herd).

The wind looked light, but I decided to try something different.  I pumped up the RS 5.1, and then bolted on the Axis ART 1099/400P.

Using the foil position card I made from all my empirical data, I plopped the foil in place and headed out.  The ride was consistent with what I felt on the 999 and 899, but with more front foot pressure needed to calm the additional lift.


The nose of the board is to the right of this picture - and the 2 hash marks are where the Kujira 1210 was lined up.  The position where the mast is in the picture is where I had it set for the 1099 during today's session.


The wind was pretty light.  With the 1099 though, I was able to get airborne pretty quick even with the RS 5.1 (really should have had the 6.1 out, but I wanted to see what the lower limit was on the 5.1).


The wind seemed lighter than what the graph is showing.


I think I may have hit the top end on the 1099 (at least in combination with the 400P rear stabilizer).


W:70/F:61/S:17

No comments: