Thursday, July 14, 2022

More Sanding and Filling on No.25

La and I got home relatively early (still plenty of sunlight).  I went ahead and started the grill for dinner, then took the sander to No.25.

I got both the top and bottom deck rough sanded.


There were still some low spots and I hit innegra on the top deck, so I figured I should just add a thin layer of straight epoxy to get some more material on the board (for dialing in the sanding job).


5.6 ounces of epoxy to get the bottom and the rails coated.  If this would cure just like this, I wouldn't bother sanding, but alas, I am destined to sand...


I used extra epoxy around and on the labels, to give some extra room to sand.


I'll address the spots where the innegra poofed up tomorrow, and I'll get the top deck fill coat on.

If that goes well, I'll be sanding on Saturday morning, I should be able to get the deck pads cut out and applied Saturday afternoon.  And this should be ready for a Sunday wing session!

We'll see....

No comments: