Saturday, September 24, 2022

Dawn Patrol - 9/24/2022

Dawn patrol this morning.  Marlon brought the Seaside, and I brought the Seaside and Beyond.  Swell was chest to just overhead on the sets.  There was minimal wind.  The tide was low and dropping - this was the reason for me bringing the surfboard; I didn't want to deal with scraping bottom with the foil.

I was super glad I did bring the S&B!

I surfed in front of the MWR Shack and I picked off several head high waves.  Marlon was in the same spot and we even rode a couple together (or maybe he dropped in on me and I was just a nice guy).


I had a few waves that rivaled distance rode while on a foil.  And the faces were nice a steep so I was able to stick to the face and huck some big turns.  I really like this board a lot - I never felt this connected to the Firewire Sunday (which sold already so I could get this), the Firewire Greedy Beaver (which I am close to selling), or the Toots Asymmetric (which I think I could still get used to, but would still rather sell so I can just focus with the Viking, the Everyday and the Seaside and Beyond).

I didn't see Tim out - but while packing up I did see him carrying his new Pyzel Ghost.  This was produced pretty quickly - I think he placed the order in just last month.  Nice shape, good volume - looks like a wave killer (if the waves have some energy in them).


The forecasts call for the current swell to stick around for a few days.  With little wind in the forecast, I think I'll be surfing the S&B some more!

W:94/F:80/S:24

No comments: