Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 9/7/2022

I was supposed to pick up Marlon and La this afternoon from school and other activities (respectively) - but they both changed plans.  That left me with my winging gear and a bunch of time.  I got to Hickam close to 4pm - the wind had come down from the breezy conditions earlier today. 

I pumped up the RS 6.1 and bolted on the same Kujira 1210/178 that I've been using lately - definitely my go-to setup lately.

Jim had already come in just as I was heading out.  Harris was stuck outside trying to get back in on his 4.0.  He made it back during the gusts.


The session was really relaxed today - I was mowing the lawn, but I was trying out the wing leash mounted to my waist harness (at the hook).  It was definitely more enjoyable not having to deal with the excess leash, but I didn't take the setup out to the waves today (didn't trust that the wind would hold).


I was powered up comfortably on the 6.1 today.  I never really felt overpowered and I was able to get up on foil without pumping excessively.

More time up on foil than not today.


The wind is going to back off for the next several days.  Time to prone (or I can laminate the two prone foiling boards I have waiting in the garage...).

W:92/F:73/S:19

No comments: