Monday, September 5, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 9/5/2022

Wing foiling session this afternoon.  Except that the wind dropped off significantly.

I set up the WWFB/1210/178 and pumped up the RS 6.1

Roland, Eli, Kalani and Brian were the other suckers, I mean wingers out today.


It wasn't all dead wind.  You could see the gusts moving in every 10 minutes or so - and the wind would hang around enough for me to go from the inside to the outside (only to have to wait for another gust)


I tried really hard to stay on the eastern side of the riding area - primarily because of the light wind, but also because the waves were breaking on the far outside and I didn't need to drop down wind to the break in front of the two cottages.  In fact, while the wind was blowing, I caught two ridiculous sized waves (head high while I was riding full height on the foil).  And my first wave I pulled a huge full speed tack onto it - sick drop!!!


It's days like this that make me think a 7.0 m wing is actually needed (or I could have surfed today - the riders inside looked like they were having a blast).

It was actually really good when the wind was on... too bad that wasn't much while I was out.


The wind is going to be like this for a few days - I'm probably going to give my left elbow a break and either surf (while the surf is big) or prone foil.

W:91/F:73/S:19

No comments: