Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Evening Session - 9/13/2022

Today's evening session was almost a carbon copy of yesterday - except that the wind was up (almost wingable - but with ups and downs; it would have been pretty frustrating) causing tons of turbulence; the tide and swell were interacting a bit rougher today (lots of closeouts and pitching lips).

We both brought the same gear - but I changed out the front foil from the 899 to the 999 - more experimenting.


I didn't have any gear issues today.  The 999/375P combo was definitely more nimble, but had a little less glide (and this was not unexpected).  With the ultrashort fuselage, the smaller rear stabilizer located further back has a similar resistance to the 400P on the crazyshort fuselage (roughly a 1" difference).

With all the turbulence in the water, the ART was not in its best conditions.  But I never hit the stall speed and I got plenty of rides out and carves on the rides in.  My honest (personal - as this won't suite everyone) opinion is the ART999 pairs well with the 400P on the ultrashort, while the ART 899 is good with the 375P (I need to try it with the 350P on the crazy short).


I think I'm going to start using the Kujiras again - I feel like I've been ignoring those foils.  I also think I'm going to take a break for a couple of days to give my left elbow a break (I have a bout of golfer's elbow) and to work on the two prone foiling boards on the rack. 

W:92/F:78/S:19

No comments: