Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 9/27/2022

The wind was blowing throughout the day - I had hopes of getting in a fully powered on the 5.2 SWX.  Then as I was driving home, I noticed the wind dropping, and dropping fast.  There were signs that the coastal zone still had wind (palm trees along Kamakana Dr were blowing) - so I figured I had nothing to lose.  I packed up and Marlon came along to drone and then swim out to use his camera in the water housing.

I set up the gear I've been using lately - RS6.1/1210/178/85 PC Mast/the big wing foiling board

I had to schlog out to the wind line on the outside to get enough wind to get up on foil.  That was pretty much the whole session in a nutshell - schlog to the wind line, get up on foil when the gust came through and then ride as long as there was wind or I fell.  Then do it again.  I think I was up on foil a little more than half of the session.

With the wind light, I rode goofy to pull upwind whenever I could.  At one point I was on the outside and lined up with the cedar cabins (not good - worst case is it is a long swim in, landing on sharp rocks and then a long walk through deep sand) - I knew there would be more gusts, and so there were - enough for me to get back upwind and make a landing at Fenceline.

I did get some good rides in, but not having the wind full time made for a less playful session.

W:95/F:80/S:25

No comments: