Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Evening Session - 9/12/2022

Evening session with Marlon.  Waves were up - if you didn't pick the right one, you were going for a ride (pitching lip).  Tide was transitional, but the waves were breaking further out so it really didn't matter.  And there was hardly any wind.

Marlon was catching some good rides (I saw his first few - nice takeoffs and good turns).

This was an experimental session for me - I took the 899 out again with the 375P on the ultrashort fuselage, but I shimmed the front of the rear stabilizer to get the angle to zero.


I paddled into some of the bigger waves and immediately ate it.  Then I paddled for some reforms, and I ate it.  Then I went to the inside and got up, but the change in pitch angle on the stabilizer made the ride really loose.  It was not fun - 

I caught a few on the inside to make sure it wasn't a fluke - it wasn't.  I went in and took the shims off and went back out.  Problem solved - 


Fun session!

W:92/F:77/S:19

No comments: