Thursday, September 15, 2022

Evening Session - 9/15/2022

This is what I did yesterday evening - I took a nap after getting home from work.  This seal was chillin on the beach when I came out to get some exercise.


The surf was waist to chest high, with the occasional shoulder high set.  The tide was lowish (under 1.0').  And the wind was almost calm - which made for really glassy conditions.  I decided to break out the Everyday and go longboarding.


I switched out the 9" GL Flex fin for the 8.5" Randy Rarrick Blacktip Flex - as good as I've always thought this board/fin combo was, the Blacktip made this setup even more fun!  I would hug the wave face on multiple waves and would ride perched on the front half of the board just flowing across the face.  I would also ride on top of the fins and the board just flowed where I leaned.  I'm not sure if it was the fact that I hadn't surfed this board in a while, or if this fin truly unlocked more potential out of this already great board - but this was one incredibly fun session! 


W:92/F:78/S:20

No comments: