Sunday, September 25, 2022

Garage Works - 9/25/2022

I got some work done in the garage today.  I didn't get a picture of it, but I got the carbon sheet cut out, the mast track boxes epoxied in, carbon patches placed and the carbon bottom sheet laminated.  This was mid morning.  By the afternoon, the epoxy was nice and cured, so I sanded the burrs off and got that board ready for the carbon rail tape.

With that work done, I shifted to the other board.  This one I wanted to glass like the other recent boards.  I cut out the innegra deck sheet, placed patches in the high load areas, then placed some of the innegra/carbon I used on the top deck of the other board as heel patches.  Then I cut the lap reliefs, mixed epoxy, added the pale blue tint.


The innegra up by the nose wasn't sitting down, so I went ahead and added a layer of peel ply and got the kids to help me get it tacked down.

Also in this picture, you can see No.26 perched up across the other boards.


I guess if I had set it up prior to laminating, I could have stuffed this into a vacuum bag.  

Tonight, I'll check on how much rail tape I have (I'll need enough for these two boards and Prayot's wing board).

Tomorrow, I'll get the peel ply off, setup the bottom deck laminate, epoxy in the track boxes, and laminate the bottom deck.  

If I have enough time, I may try and get the rail tape on No.26

No comments: