Monday, September 5, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 9/4/2022

And after taking La for some swimming pointers, I got to get in a second foiling session - this time winging at Hickam.

I rigged up the WWFB with the 85 cm Project Cedrus mast, the Kujira 1210/178, and pumped up the RS 5.1 wing.




I got there later than most (Harris, Jim, Bill, Arvin, Kevin and Matt were all out already) and the others were actually heading in.

I made headed out to Firsts.  I caught a couple of waves, but then I could feel the wind shift more north.  After that I headed in and basically fought to make it back to the launch spot.


There was plenty of wind (and a few lulls) - but with it so offshore, the RS probably was not the best wing to have up (the Reedin SWX can pull higher upwind with less fuss).


The holes are the lulls.


Good session (for an offshore wind).  Ended up talking to Bill a bunch about his new Cedrus/Stringy/Takuma equipment.

I also tuned up the harness line and leash on the 5.1.

W:90/F:73/S:19

No comments: