Sunday, September 18, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 9/18/2022

And my phone started buzzing around 11:30 asking if I was going to go winging.  I was helping La run some errands so I said yes, but later in the afternoon.  Some rain clouds were coming through, so the wind was up and down at my house - but there was a clearing so I thought the thermals would kick in - I hit the beach at 3pm and there were some white caps.


I brought out the 1210/178 (since they've been scratched already, I don't mind if they get scratched again), and the RS 6.1.  This has honestly become the gear that I take out the most - pretty much due to the prevailing conditions lately.


Today was fun - except for when the wind was lulling.  And I did have to get used to another wind direction (seemed like at the beginning of the session the wind was coming out of the SE for a bit). 


The 6.1 was the right wing for today.



The swell still had some size - a few of the waves I rode on the outside were head high while I was up on foil.  I had some really awesome rides - both regular and goofy footed.  Lots of turns, taking the ques from the waves (lots of the normal WPB log jams - so no ride was straight, always adjusts for what was directly in front of you).


So much fun!!!

W:93/F:79/S:21

No comments: