Saturday, September 24, 2022

Garage Works - 9/24/2022

Got some work done in the garage once the afternoon heat let off.  First up was Marlon's longboard - he had some spots that needed to be touched up.


Best way to learn is to do.  Or maybe that is to watch Youtube...

Anyways - we got the fiberglass patches on and the epoxy is curing.  He'll sand and paint tomorrow - then he says he wants to try out the Turbo Tunnel fin he bought on Maui.


I went ahead and cut out the template from the blank for Prayot's wingboard.  I needed to clear the rack so I could get to the next thing...


The next thing is laminating the top deck on to #26.  For this one I decided to use the combo carbon fiber - innegra cloth that I got a while back.  I used a nose to tail patch under a full sheet that had rail wrap, then a small heel patch for my left heel.

I'm laminating it with the pro resin and I'll fill with the FGH Aluzine (I am debating about using blue sparklies in the fill coat...).


Tomorrow will be the bottom lamination on this one to include the mast tracks.  I think I'll also try to get on the top laminate on #27.  Still debating on the tint for that one... maybe half deep blue and half light blue.  Or maybe all yellow (brilliant).  Or maybe I won't laminate...

No comments: