Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 9/19/2022

The trades filled in today, but it didn't last too long.  By the time I got home from work, packed the truck and over to the beach, the winds had settled down a bit.  I went ahead and pumped up the RS 6.1 figuring it would be better to have the extra power.

Eli was out already by the time I launched.  He had a 5.0 up and when I was looking at the conditions he was schlogging - so I put up the 6.1


Marlon was flying the A2S drone to take shots and clips.


After about 45 minutes of winging, the main leading edge lost pressure and collapsed - nothing catastrophic - just a pop and sssssssss.  Lucky for me it I was not too far from shore when it happened.

I swam back in, put up the 5.1 and headed back out.


You can see the direction shift on the chart.  I forgot my watch at home, so no track or speed data.


And when I was relaunching with the 5.1, Roland was making his way out.  He was boosting and luffing a bunch.

Super fun session today (aren't they all???)!!!

W:94/F:79/S:21

No comments: