Monday, September 5, 2022

Garage Works - Early Sept

Besides the two prone foil boards I have in the garage, I have a couple of other projects I've been working on.

This is Tim's surfboard.  It had cracks in the fin boxes.


It also had a really nasty gash in the middle of the bottom deck on the port rail, and some spots up towards the nose that needed to be cleaned up (dings).


I've fixed some of Tim's other boards - and he rides them hard.  So I won't have to redo any of these repairs, I'm putting some glass on top of the filled spots.

I just have to do a clean up sanding on this tomorrow and I should be done.

This is one of Eli's older rear stabilizers.  It was cracked open, but I carefully filled it and sanded the excess epoxy off.  Then my OCD kicked in and I started chasing small divots and even found another pretty large void.

I fixed all of those issues and got a coat of matching spray paint on this evening. 


I'll finish painting it tomorrow and can get it back to Eli later this week (not much wind around - WPB will be back to the prone foilers).


I should finish both of these repair orders tomorrow (then on to the two prone foil boards)

No comments: