Monday, September 26, 2022

Garage Works - 9/26/2022

Marlon and I skipped the afternoon session (although it did look wingable...) - and we got work done on the boards.

Marlon sanded down the ding repairs, but they still needed some work.  Filled the holes with epoxy and milled fibers.  We'll sand tomorrow and see if we need to put a thin fiberglass layer on (I think yes right now).


I had gotten the rail tape on No.26 (kinda a PITA - I guided off the bottom rail when trimming the rail tape and it left the top all over the place.  I think I'll do the opposite on No.27 to see if there is a difference.

After that (and cooking and mowing the lawn), I prepped the bottom deck laminate for No.27 and got the boxes in and the deck laminated.  I did forget to cut the box slots before using epoxy on the track boxes... I made an approximately located cut (so I wouldn't muck up my scissors) and kept going.


Not bad - we'll see how the fit is around the boxes when I grind them open.


Tomorrow I'll sand around the rail tape I added to No.26, smooth out the bottom area where the logo will be placed, stick on the logo and place a fill coat on.

On No.27, I want to sand the laps and get the rail tape on.  It has actually been pretty efficient glassing two boards simultaneously - I usually have to walk away once the epoxy is set in place.  For these two I've just start to work on the second board while the epoxy cures on the first board.  Constant production!

At this rate, I may be able to surf these this weekend... that's if I don't get distracted...

No comments: