Sunday, August 23, 2020

Deck Pad Hunting and Spreading Icing

We ran errands this morning - I was able to stop into a surf shop and found a SUP deck pad (which is totally unavailable online).  This deck pad had middle inserts to get across a really wide board - but I didn't need those.  No one makes deck pads for this size board yet - but I'll get two boards covered with this SUP deck pad (as I only used half of the parts).


And before Marlon and I took off for an evening session, I got some epoxy mixed with aerosil spread on the low spots across the bottom deck.  I got the epoxy mixed to the consistency of icing - but I still had the stuff cure in the cup on me - super hot today.  I'll do the same to the top deck and then try to get the sanding done.  I'm thinking I'll have to grind down the fibrous spots again with the carbide grit bit - so when I sand they won't puff out - and then I can put one last coat on the resulting low spots and do the final sanding. At the rate I'm going, I think this board could get wet this coming weekend if it needed to (but I'm thinking I can used the Hypernut for a week or so to give this board a little time to cure up).

No comments: