Sunday, August 16, 2020

Evening Session - 8/15/2020

Marlon and I headed out to catch the evening surf late yesterday hoping that would thin out the crowd of BOBs.  The plan was to drop me off at PTs, and he could surf where all the pretty girls were (in the middle of the crowd at WPB) - but there were some HPD vehicle roaming around PTs so I figured I'd just suck it up at WPB.  I brought the same setup as yesterday - skinny 4'10", GL180, chopped flat tail.  The wind was present, but it didn't chop things up too bad.  The tide was a dropping high (I kept checking when I was on the inside to make sure I had enough depth to not hit bottom).  And the swell was belly high on the sets.


When we got to the beach, I saw that the "ghost" break was working (way outside peak that breaks and then quick fades - but on a foil you can pump through the flats and ride the unbroken swell until it walls up again further in) so I made the long paddle out.  I picked up a handful of waves and rode them all the way in before the tide changed to the point the ghost break stopped working.  I was mostly just enjoying the super long glides, but during the latter half I tried to get a bunch of turns in.  Lots of torque generation and I didn't breach on any of them.  I really didn't have to deal with the crowd so this WPB session was pretty good.  I didn't even see Marlon - I think he was mixed into the main crowd - but I'm sure he was catching everything.

No comments: