Sunday, August 23, 2020

Evening Session - 8/23/2020

Marlon and I hit PTs again.  A new SSW swell was supposed to be showing - it was and it was magnificent!!!  Just overhead on the sets - big enough to close out the normal takeoff zone.  The tide was full and the wind was down.  I got a late start because I got to talking foils with Gary and Bryan (who also has a Duotone Echo 6m).  I also left my leash in the van so I had to grab that. 


During yesterday's session, I had a handful of waves where I would lose lift and eat it.  I decided instead of swapping the front wings out that I would change out the rear stabilizer.  I bolted on the 232 and it made all the difference in the world!!!  Today was definitely in the top 5 sessions I've ever had.  I could take off on the larger sets and still control the lift - and could glide without wondering if I was going to lose lift, and crank turns like I was using a smaller wing.  My first wave was a 2 for 1 and I ended up with five more in this shorter session.  It is amazing what one little change can do - granted this was a change to suite the conditions - so having rear stabs to work with different conditions helps (granted these are for the Go Foil).


Marlon was picking off the bigger waves - he got decapitated by one where he was trying to slide under the lip.  And he had a few others that he rode for a long while.  I had a few that took me from one side of the break all the way to the other side - so much fun!!!!

No comments: