Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Evening Session - 8/5/2020

Had to work late again - got home and Marlon was loading up his longboard.  I asked him to wait so I could go.  Wind was strong trades with a lot of east in it - choppy water (all I could think about was what size wing would I need to go winging in this).  The tide was really high at 2.3'.  The surprise of the day was the swell - chest to head high on the sets.  I brought the skinny 4'10" with the GL180 thinking it was going to be small and not so choppy.  Note to self - if it is choppy, use the wide 4'10" as it cuts through all the mess better.  It was definitely big enough to have been able to rip on the GL140.


I had to recalibrate again.  I could also feel resistance from the foil - I don't know if this was me recalibrating or if I was picking up on the differences between the Armstrong and the Go Foil.  Hmmm - that would be interesting the study.  I took an early insider and got a quick ride.  Then I paddled for the way outside break - and caught two which I rode all the way back in.  The wave was breaking right, so I had to foil into the wind - again surprisingly to me was how much the wind slowed me down.  My next two waves were wipeouts of epic proportions - knocked the wind out of me.  I caught a few more on the inside, but nothing to gush over.  I really could have used the GL140 today.  Another odd note, I had to put more backfoot pressure on again - per my earlier post, I'm now supposed to move the foil back up a hair to prevent that from happening (I should try that out).  Marlon was clear on the other side - so I didn't see many of his rides.  I'm sure he was catching everything.

No comments: