Sunday, August 2, 2020

Evening Session - 8/2/2020

Hit WPB again as the tide was dropping from a big high (2.4' - was probably around 1.9' and dropping while we were out) and the swell was supposed to be dropping (it did - definitely waist high and under).  There was some wind, but it wasn't messing up the surf.


Same setup as yesterday - it is definitely balanced now. 


I caught a bunch of long rides.  I tried making harder turns on the inside - I was batting 50-50 on the turns (HS1850 has got a wider span - and most of the turns were back to back, front side to toe side).  Unfortunately I also got my first bottom rub on the HS1850 - straight center on the nose (at least it's over now and I can relax).


I came in before Marlon - he was out catching a ton of waves - probably out catching me 5 to 1 (but my rides were each probably 10X longer).  The sunset was pretty awesome.  Another great day in the surf.

No comments: