Sunday, August 30, 2020

Last of the Sanding and Commencement of the Clear Coating

I went ahead and started sanding the wing foiling board.  I went through the whole regime again (60-120-180-220-320).


After the sanding was done, I installed the vent (using a 3/8" socket - back it out first to get it aligned, then go forward to screw it in - keep going just past finger tight).  Then I cleaned the surface with denatured alcohol so the next step would go smoothly.


I brought the board out into the driveway, closed the garage door and sprayed the top deck of the board with clear coat.  I let that sit in the closed garage for an hour, then flipped it and sprayed the bottom.  And with that the build is pretty much complete.  I got the vent plug in also - using a 3/4" socket.  I'll outfit the board with the deck pads and the Marine Grip after I sign and write in the dimension labels.  And the last thing I'll have to do is place the leash loops.  I'll let this board sit in the garage to let everything cure up.  I want to get better on the Hypernut before dropping down in size to this board - I don't mind taking my time.  When I can tack and jibe on foil, then it'll be time to use this board (I'm actually getting close to making some already - next post).

No comments: