Monday, August 31, 2020

#19 (Wing Foiling Board) Done!!!

This board is done!  I got the Marine Grip on the bottom deck, and the traction pads on the top.



I'll let this board sit in my garage (autoclave) for the rest of the week to have everything set in place and let the epoxy cure up some more.  This picture below is showing the handle in the bottom - shapers have recently started adding this so you can carry the foil upwind while carrying the wing downwind.


That time will also have me get out on the Hypernut a couple to several more sessions.  If I can tack and jibe on foil, I'll feel more confident dropping down to this board.  We'll see if I can actually get there or if I can wait.



I wanted to point out the difference in the laminate - the weave you see is the innegra layers.  This stuff is supposed to be bullet proof.  We'll see - considering I'll be starting on my knees most if not all the time.  No. #19 all pau!!!!

No comments: