Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Wing Board Template Cut Out

Here is a list of reasons I did not surf today - the surf is small for the rest of the week; I picked up my motorcycle from the shop today; I didn't have a vehicle to use to get me and a board to the beach; I went ahead and cut out the template from the blank I've got.


This last excuse was what I was actually more interested in doing this afternoon.  The sooner I start on this board, the sooner I'll finish it.  This is going to be a 5'2"x26"xsuper thick wing foiling board. 


I'm going to use innegra on this board for the top and bottom laminates.  I'll also use carbon strips nose to tail to improve energy transfer during pumping, and I'll place a carbon patch at the foil tracks for looks (and to contact the other carbon parts to the foil).


There will not be much shaping to this one since I want to preserve the volume.  I will drop in a closed cell foam block into the foil track area and place some dcell sheets under the feet.  And I'll throw a handle on the bottom deck and foot strap inserts on top.  Good thing there isn't much shaping to this one (because the rest is a lot of work...)


I also took a few minutes to fix an annoying issue that has been plaguing me for quite a while - the foam pads on my shaping rack would stick to my work and usually extended my sanding requirements.  Gorilla tape and this problem should be solved.

No comments: