Sunday, August 16, 2020

Wing Foiling Board Work - Saturday

I woke up early on Saturday and got some work done on the Wing Foiling Board. 


I started with sealing/filling the top deck.  4.9 ounces of epoxy and a bunch of aerosil. 



Next I used 5.6 ounces of epoxy (and more aerosil) and sealed/filled the bottom deck.


Lastly I used some excess innegra netting to line the bottom of the reinforcement block slots, then I mixed 4.9 ounces of epoxy with 10 "scoops" of milled fibers and set the blocks.  I didn't burn out the blocks this time, so that in itself is a victory.


I'll grind/sand down the high spots and then route out the slots for the finboxes, set those in place and then go to work on setting the foot strap inserts into the top deck (or I can settle on the stick on inserts... still debating).

No comments: