Sunday, August 2, 2020

Evening Session - 8/1/2020

Big time errand day yesterday - final got clear and packed up the foil.  Told Marlon I would check PTs and if not optimum would go to WPB - he said ok.  PTs was small - I could have caught some, but Marlon was iffy so we intended to go over to WPB - but I thought I could go back out the way I came, tried making a hard right turn in sand and got bogged down.  There were some people hanging on the beach and getting stoned (and not social distancing) - but they offered to push the truck - nice but in the process the really stoned guys pushed the tailgate cap piece off.  Of note, there was a cool ship dropping off a bitter end - don't see that every day.


WPB was too bad crowd wise - I still had to go all the way to the right to get long, Bob-free rides.  I had the wide 4'10", the HS1850 with the Uni tail and I moved the mast up maybe an 1/8".  It was a good setting as I got to ride with way less back foot pressure and the takeoffs were straight to flying instead of pitching up and down until converging to a steady state (with a bias to the rear foot).  So note to self - move the foil to balance (I already knew that, but I can be pretty stubborn).  You can see the pencil marks where I originally had the mast.


First two waves I rode way in and pumped back out.  Next few waves I paddled outside and picked up them early and had some really long waves.  There were guys on smaller front wings picking up the inside waves so I thought I'd spread out and get the HS1850 to do what it can - so much fun!



I'll foil this setup a few more times just get get my muscle memory down - then I'll stick on the 232 tail and see what the change does to the balance point.  It is so rewarding to get any setup dialed in (not to mention the way better rides!).

No comments: