Monday, August 24, 2020

Evening Session - 8/24/2020

Marlon and I hit PTs again.  The swell had dropped - to about half of what it was yesterday (Marlon was staring at it for a while before finally picking up his board and making his way to the water... I thought he was going to go back to the van and take a nap instead).  The tide was also lower that the past several days - even with no transition period - felt like yesterday it was super full and today I was constantly checking to make sure I would not hit bottom.  The wind was the same as yesterday - and so was the gear I brought out (wide 4'10", HS1850, 232 tail).


I caught a bunch - but had a few more wipeouts compared to yesterday - not sure what from though...  Marlon caught several, but the drops weren't there and they would fizzle out sooner than yesterday.  I thought it was good though - pick up the wave on the outside, stabilize on the foil and line up on some long walls.  I got a couple of 2 for 1s and pumped back out about half the time.  My right quad seems to be getting a workout as are my lungs more than anything else.  Fun session!!!

No comments: