Monday, August 10, 2020

Wing Board Progress

I've been putting a little time each day since Saturday working on the rough shaping of this latest board.  I already posted Saturday's planer work, so for this post I'll start with Sunday's work with the coarse surform and dragon skin.





I got it to probably 85% - but in looking at the pictures, the tail has too much kick in it and there are some high spots in various points.






Here is today's results - I got the tail worked down, the high spots lowered - that's it for the rough shaping.









I'm still debating the use of dcell under foot - I think I'll go easy on myself and just double up on the innegra (patches).  I'll mark up the slots for the higher density foam blocks for the finboxes (mast track) and put a first mark up for the foot strap inserts (I'll have to do some measuring/proportioning to settle in - which is fine - I'll have the time since the foil block has to go in first).  That plus the fine sanding and seal coat will likely take me to the weekend.  Last picture - this was my inspiration for this board - seriously.


No comments: