Friday, August 14, 2020

Evening Session - 8/14/2020

Marlon and I tried to pickup the tail end of a high tide.  We paddled out at PTs - it was perfect for me - waist high swell that was fairly consistent, light winds and deeper water.  There was no one out!!!  I could tell Marlon would have rather gone to WPB (lots of girls on boards - no one at PTs) - so I told him he could paddle over and that I'd pick him up later.  Off he went....


I had the place to myself until a couple of other surfers came out an hour later.  I caught pretty much every wave I wanted and after a quick recalibration, foiling the GL180 felt natural again.  I was able to pump back out on a third of the waves I caught.  Could have had 2 for 1s on a few (but got greedy and tried to shoot for a an outside wave and ran out of steam).  Eli was winging and got way upwind.  But the wind died and he had to paddle in from way outside (he was on a 5m wing and the GL210).  Note to self - when I get my wing, don't stay out past 4... the evening glass off will drop the wing.  Super fun day!!!

No comments: