Sunday, August 9, 2020

Rough Shaping the 5'2" Wing Foiling Board

Marlon as an infection on his leg, so I decided to pass on surfing yesterday.  Not to mention the surf is way down (first time in a while actually).  Instead, I decided to break out the planer and get the WFB further down the path to getting wet.


Most to the trimming was on the bottom of the board - bottom of the rails and the tail.  I had to trim up the nose a bit also - but it was all done in about 45 minutes.  I also worked on the top - rails, nose, tail - then did a pass over the flats top and bottom to get rid of the rough foam (makes sanding way easier even if I am not taking much off - starting everything at the same consistency is always best).


Today the surf is even worse - so I'll get the rails blended in (dragon skin - drywall mud rough sander), and I'll try to get the sanding done.  From there I'll need to cut out holes for the foot strap inserts, the leash plug and the mast tracks.  I was thinking of using dcell under the feet again - but I am also planning on using innegra for the laminate.  I think if I can double up where my heels will go, I can forego the dcell patches (which means less work).

No comments: