Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Evening Session - 8/18/2020

I checked the report earlier in the day and it said a chest + high swell had set in.  I got home around 4pm and grabbed Marlon to hit the beach. 


I brought the Green Dually Stubby 5'10".  Before leaving the truck I pushed the fins up just a notch - maybe a 1/4" to see what that would do (last time I had the opportunity to take this board out, it just felt a tad sticky - it wasn't flowing). 


The swell would hit just overhead every now and then.  The tide was coming down from a big high so there was some depth.  The wind was up and from the East.  Eli was out on his 6m Wasp (and probably on his GL210).  All I know is every wave I caught was better than the previous one.  The board seemed to come alive and it was definitely "flowing".  No more stickiness!!!  Amazing what a 1/4" will do for a board.


Marlon was sitting out trying to pick off some of the bomber sets - I saw him on one that was just overhead and nothing but face in front of him - was definitely worth the wait.


On my last few waves, the board was working perfectly - nice easy drop on a slightly less than head high wave, front side bottom turn into a wall that let me get 3 or 4 fun turns in - Number 17 was working it today!!!

No comments: