Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Dialing In the Sanding - Wing Foiling Board

I passed on going to the beach today - the wing foiling board was summoning me to get some sanding done.  I have been thinking about using the Dremel with the ca.rbide grinding wheel to get rid of the innegra bitter ends - well that worked really well.


I got the leash plugs ground/sanded down, and even the bulk of the board.  Tomorrow I'm going to get one more layer of epoxy/aerosil on the the spots that need it (I want to do it while I've got a lot of sunlight), then on Thursday go through the sanding regime (60-120-180-200-320).  I corrected issues with the logos (high points got sanded down - went back over it with posca pens) so the epoxy will cover those adds.


I'm going to measure out the distances where footstraps would go - just so I know for later on when I'm doing things with this board that require them.  I'm still debating if the vent plug is going in the back (where the leash plug would normally go), or somewhere up front (just forward of the deck pad).  Getting close!!!

No comments: