Sunday, October 2, 2022

Dawn Patrol - 10/2/2022

Marlon and I dawn patrolled again.  The waves were slightly bigger, the tide slightly higher, and the wind was non-existent.

Marlon brought his Hawaiian South Shore tri of fins.  And he was sitting at the top of the pack trying to pick off the bombs.


I bolted on the 1099 and used the 400P rear stabilizer.  It took me a few waves to get my foil feel back.  Towards the end of the session, I saw Scott out doing 5x repeats.  That inspired me to do better and I got a few 4x rides.  I think I need to use the crazy short fuselage with the 1099 if I want to use the 400P - I was wrestling with the pitch a little bit (so much so at the beginning that I was woven pretty good around the lower set of the foil...)


I think the 375P on the Ultrashort will be the call next time for the extra glide.

Duke, Roland, Eddy and Koa all came out just as I was done packing up.  

W:95/F:82/S:27

No comments: