Friday, October 14, 2022

Evening Session - 10/14/2022

I have an opportunity to demo the F One Eagle 1090 foil (Big Mahalos Jeff)!  First session was this afternoon's post work surf.  Marlon brought his Seaside (freshly repaired by me), and I brought the 4'8" prone board to bolt the Eagle on to.




All of the foils seem to be variations on a theme now.  Looking closely at this I see - a Slingshot Phantasm 926 shape (flats, down slope, flat to the tip), a Lift 170 profile (sweep from the nose back), the Kujira 1095 all straightened out, and even a little bit of the ART 999.




In fact I overlaid the 999 over it to start the process of figuring out where to position the mast in the tracks.  Looks like the fuselage is similar in length to an Ultrashort Axis Black fuselage.


Using the wingscrews, adjusting the foil position is really quick and reliable.  I ended up moving this a lot more forward.


So how did this foil perform?  Its biggest attribute is the glide - when I had gotten through the familiarization phase (i.e., eating it on the first few waves trying to find the balance point while not getting hit by the foil), this foil showed its stuff and I felt like I was just extracting energy from the wave.  I know I wasn't pumping much, if at all.

I did feel like the mast had a wobble to it (that I'm not really accustomed to - the Project Cedrus Masts I normally use are rock solid), and that had me having to balance more once I got to my feet - but once I settled into my line, this was so smooth.

I could turn this foil without much drama, and it liked the carves.

I'm going to try it again tomorrow and then swap it out for the Kujira 1095 to see what the differences are.  Stay tuned!!!



W:96/F:86/S:32

No comments: