Monday, October 17, 2022

Garage Works - 10/17/2022

I skipped surfing today so I could get the sanding done on these two boards.  I took both of them through 40-80-120-180-220, then 320 and 600 wet sanding.


No.27 is a 4'5".  I'm guessing this is in the 40 to 45 liter range.



No.26 is a 4'2" - this is likely in the 35 to 40 liter range.



Tomorrow I'll spray the first of several layers of clear coat on these.  I want to take my time finishing these out.  These will be the test units for me to demonstrate the flat rail - square tail on short prone boards.  I built my first two foil boards similar to this - but those were longer.  I believe these will paddle easier and lift off faster - but that remains to be seen.

I have one deck pad (Dakine Wide Load) - I need to get a second one.  And I have the Marine Grip strips ready to go.  Now that I'm past the sanding, these will definitely be ready to get wet before the weekend (but there is also wind in the forecast for the weekend - typical).

No comments: