Sunday, October 30, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 10/30/2022

The winds came up - but it was either way up (small wing like a 4.2) or way down (like my 6.1 wouldn't get me up).  I had actually pumped up the RS 5.1, but after watching Ryan schlog on his 5.8 I decided to go big.


I launched and was up pretty quick - and after doing a couple of warm up runs, I headed back and was going to switch over to the SWX 5.2 - but knowing that would take time away from riding, I just stuck with the 6.1

I headed out to Firsts and caught some really good, clean, long left rides.  Top to bottom carves (both regular and goofy footed) on head high set waves - doesn't get much better than this.

Then you could feel the wind starting to drop.  I made my way in but touched down at the first channel marker (the dead wind zone).  I spent a while waiting for a gust to get back up - and finally got one.  I headed out towards Firsts again to get some speed up to punch through the channel area.  It took some time to get back to the launch area (but I did without swimming).  I had to adjust to the wind direction shifting north.


High highs and low lows.


Got the 1095 up past 20mph!!!


There will be some wind tomorrow - but the day to tune in to is Tuesday -

W:103/F:93/S:34

No comments: