Sunday, October 23, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 10/23/2022

The trades were back today!  I took Kalani to Hickam so he could get his new board dialed in (he was able to).

I pumped up the RS5.1 and bolted on the F One Eagle 1090.


This is a really great front foil - the glide is incredible - if you hit a lull you can actually pump through it without burning out.  It has really good speed for it's size.  And it turns without any issues.  The mast has some flex in it and the three M6 bolts that hold the lower section to the mast are a little questionable - but all taken into consideration, this is a winner!


I think I need to shim the base plate - but that'll have to wait for a bit.  I did use the levels to compare and there was some difference.  But I figured I should just ride it and if it was an issue I could come in and make the adjustments.

The wind was up and down - but I was mostly on foil today.  After warming up, I headed out to Firsts.  I picked up some really fun chest high (while up on foil so it was probably bigger) - the F One did not disappoint out here - same feedback - just makes the ride easier/faster/more fun.


Lots of wind - but it did have a lot of north in it - which always throws me off.


Fast foil - but I didn't go faster than the wind.



There will be wind for several days ahead - lots of winging in my future!

W:99/F:90/S:34

No comments: