Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Garage Works - 10/12/2022

I needed to be home today in case Noe needed a ride to music practice this evening (and frankly I needed the rest from the non-stop fun sized surf we've been having - similar to the rest my tendons are getting from the lack of wind).

That gave me some time to get the final fill coats on No.26 and No.27














I got both the top and bottom "final" fill coats on this evening (hot garage makes for quick set up times on the epoxy placements).

And I also got the leash plugs installed.  I only have to sand the excess epoxy off these two boards, go through the sanding grits, spray on the clear coat, get the rear foot deck pads on and wait for the right day to take these out for their anointing!!!








Both of these are test boards for whether the square rail/flat tail will produce better takeoff results compared to the current industry standard of beveled rails and tails.

These are considerably shorter than what I normally ride, and they are thinner also - will probably take a different riding pattern to work these (later takeoffs. or more chip ins).

These should definitely be wet this weekend.

No comments: