Saturday, October 22, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 10/22/2022

The trades started to come back today!  Big crew greeted the returning winds - Jesse, Matt, Bill, Arvin, Ken, Harris, Jim, Roland, Kalani and a few others.


Contrary to the trees moving all along the drive to the beach, the winds were up and down.  The early shift said pump up the big winds.


I set up the 1210 - if I had the 1440 I would have put that foil on.

Kalani was trying to get the foil setup on his new wing board.


Nice board -


I spent two hours out and had two sessions out in the waves.  With the wind up and down, I had ridden a few waves, then felt it was going to drop out and headed back in.  It did fill back in and I did go out - until it wasn't blowing.  I got stuck way outside and drifted out in front of Seconds.


The wind did fill back in and I headed back in and got stuck on a line between the outside reef markers and the marina.  I didn't want to paddle back in so I kept trying.  This was some really good light wind skills training. 


Nice correlation between my speed and the wind chart.



Marvin was borrowing the Eagle so I didn't have it with me.  Tomorrow I'll wing again and try to beat the wind speed again.

W:98/F:90/S:34

No comments: