Saturday, October 29, 2022

Dawn Patrol - 10/29/2022

Dawn patrol - Marlon brought his longboard.  I brought the same setup as yesterday - No.27/68cm PC mast/ART999/400P/Crazy Short fuselage.

There was no wind, but the super high tide made the waves really backwashy.  The swell was chest high - so fun rides to be had (but a bit challenging).


After more aborted takeoffs, I started getting my footing on this shorter board (No.27 is a 4'5" - 3" shorter than the 4'8" I normally ride - so my normal muscle memory for planting my feet on quick takeoffs puts my feet in spots that aren't quite correct for balancing the board).  Despite the challenges from the surf and working through getting a new board setup, I got plenty of fun rides with good hard turns and long runs.

After foiling with Marvin (who has been studying the cadence and foot position of the foiling influencers) I've been more conscientious of my back foot positioning.  I'll drop it back over the top of the mast when riding a wave, then pull it forward to just in front of the mast when pumping back out.  I only got one pump back out today because of the surge and the new board factor - but it was a good one and I could feel the foil working more efficiently (than when I've been recycling).

It got crowded so I figured I go in and fly the drone for a bit.  I haven't flown it consistently, so my flying was pretty rusty.

Fun dawn patrol!

W:101/F:93/S:34

No comments: