Thursday, October 27, 2022

Anointment of No.26 - 10/27/2022

Marvin picked me up from my house this afternoon to hit WPB for a prone foiling session.  Kalani and Roland were there getting ready to prone foil also.  Brian was there and decided to wing.


I brought out No.26 - a 4' 2.5" board that is 3.25" thick.  I haven't used the dunk tank on this yet, but I'd guess the volume is closer to 40 liters.  I can say this because while out waiting for a set, Marvin let me paddle around his new Majek-Appletree C@$h 31 liter board - and I'm comparing the float to that.  I was struggling for a little bit with a board this short - but by the third wave and beyond, I was able to get to my feet and enjoy the ride.  I didn't have any repeats (I did get out the back on one and was able to pump back out - but didn't recycle) - but I got in some good turns and long runs.  I can tell this is going to be a good wave board - pretty much shortboard takeoffs.


I ended up moving the mast from a forward position, back in the tracks, then forward again and finally - smack dab in the middle!  The board/foil felt balanced at this point.


The surf is supposed to be picking up - so I'll paddle this board out again soon to continue getting used to a shorter foil board.  Next decent chance at wind is Sunday evening - which just so happens to be when the surf will peak for this event.

W:101/F:91/S:34

No comments: