Sunday, October 2, 2022

Garage Works - 10/2/2022

Between running errands throughout the day, I did get some work done in the garage.  First up is fitting the ventilation fence on the Project Cedrus mast.  This is supposed to stop/prevent/slow down the venting that happens when pulling hard upwind.


It's probably time to break down the 85 cm mast anyways - so sometime this week I'll stick the fence on.  Too bad the wind forecast is pretty pathetic - I'll have to wait to test this out.


And I also got a chance to work on No.27

First I sanded the rail tape application from yesterday.  I grinded the mast track boxes open.  After that I closed the gap left over from yesterday with 1" rail tape (pretty much just the nose) and placed some epoxy down where the logos are going to go.

Then I put the logos down and then put a fill coat on the bottom deck.


It's 9pm as I'm writing this and I'm debating about going back out and putting another fill coat on the bottom (to get everything level tonight instead of having to sand and then fill again).


I didn't touch No.26 - I figured I'd just let the epoxy cure more on that one before beginning the inevitable - sanding, sanding, sanding.

I also put some epoxy on some tiny pinholes I saw on No.20 - I want to get that one finished up so I can put it up on the market (as I'm not really using it anymore).


No comments: