Thursday, October 20, 2022

Evening Session - 10/20/2022

Pulled an afternoon after work session with Marlon (who longboarded, until he was done with the crowd and the crappy surfing conditions, then droned).  Met up with Marvin and Roland to do some foiling.  Roland used the F One Eagle 1090 that Jeff is loaning out (Marvin will use it tomorrow morning).

There was a seabreeze - but it wasn't strong enough to wing (with my existing equipment... La let me order a North Nova Light Wind 8.0 - opening so many new doors....).  There was some size in the swell, but it was coming almost from the straight south (and closing out).

The tide was dropping, but slowly and I didn't touch bottom.

Roland made the adjustment to using the Eagle pretty quickly - by his third wave he was gliding, riding and pumping all over the break.  He even got in a backflip.

Marvin hadn't been out in a month - so he opted for his Kujira 1210.  What did change was he got a NoLimitz 72cm mast.  He didn't even have an adjustment time - just went straight to riding and recycling waves. 


I brought out the Axis ART999/400P - same great carving and gliding.  I pumped back out for some double dipping, but no triples today.  There was a lot of turbulence and backwash in the water today - all the stuff that the ART999 doesn't like.


I saw Marlon catch a few waves, but I saw more of him flying his drone.


Marvin is letting me borrow his Lift 170HA and 34 rear stabilizer.  I would have taken it out today but I didn't have the screws to connect the front foil and the rear stabilizer together.  That will be next time (if I don't take out the new boards). 

W:97/F:89/S:33

No comments: