Sunday, October 9, 2022

Garage Works - 10/9/2022

Here's how the lamination came out on the JL wingboard repair.  At this point I had already sanded down the high points and got it ready for the fill coat.


Here's another angle to show the curvature of the bow spine was rebuilt.


I don't know what it is about this last batch of carbon - it keeps wanting to come undone.  To hide these edges, I use a black posca pen to make a new straight edge.


And now it is taped up to take the fill coat.  I used a layer of epoxy to get everything tacky - then I used epoxy and aerosil to make sure the low spots got filled.


I also used some of the epoxy/aerosil to fill the dings Marlon got on his Seaside.


I also got the vent plugs installed in No.26 and No.27




More sanding in my immediate future...

No comments: