Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Wing Foiling Session - 10/25/2022

La and Noe dropped me off at the beach this afternoon so they could go check out some places in Kapolei.


The wind was blowing well when I first got to the beach - I pumped up the SW2 4.7

The forecast had called for some really strong steady winds so I brought out No.25 and changed out the back footstrap for a Dakine Supremo.  I wasn't entirely confident in the wind (lots of clouds around) - so I bolted on the Kujira 1210/178.


The first hour was really good!  I even got in a few jumps.  The back strap was a little tight - after I fell on a jump, I reset the strap to be a touch looser - now it worked perfectly.


The back half of the session was more challenging as the wind was falling off.

If I had a bigger wing, I could have sailed through the lulls better - but I touched down and then had to wait for 20 minutes to pick up a gust and get back up on foil.

I fell more than usual today - No.25 is pretty narrow at 23.5" and it is also pretty short.  That makes this board more twitchy and I breached the front foil.


Marlon came to the beach after class - and he got some good footage of Derek and Roland. The wind had dropped by this point and I was struggling to stay aloft.


Derek wasn't struggling.


W:101/F:90/S:34

No comments: