Friday, October 21, 2022

Evening Session - 10/21/2022

A couple of firsts today.  First off - I used a Lift to prone foil.  I'm trying out Marvin's Lift HA170 (with the 34 Surf rear stabilizer).


I was constantly adjusting the foil because I was having a hard time keep the nose up.  Below is the last setting I had it on before I came in (pretty much all the way forward).  I'll take this out again in the morning - but I'll check the foil and board angle - I might cure some of the back foot pressure by shimming the base (just like the Takumas).


The other reason (and the other first) that I was having a harder time was I was at a different spot - I paddled out with Marvin over at Hau Bush for the first time ever.  The swell was intermittent but when the sets hit, there were two really nice bowls - and I could have been ripping on a surfboard.  I passed on the bombers - riding a new foil and trying to stick critical drops can be tricky.  I did catch several waves, but I spent most of my time adjusting the foil (as I have previously stated).


I actually saw several people looking at me with a "ho - that guy looks local, but I ain't neva seen him around hea..." look.  This break is full of entire families surfing together and setting up camp out the back of their big trucks - really cool (but you better not drop in on anyone - the whole lineup was critical if there was an infraction).

W:97/F:90/S:33

No comments: