Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Evening Session - 10/11/2022

Roland texted the waves were good and clean this afternoon.  I was going to stay home and rest, but that text was too tempting (especially knowing what the past few days have been like).  Marlon was in a nap - but I woke him up and told him the surf report was good.  We were at the parking lot by 5pm. 


I brought this board out - the Pigfish I made a while back.  This board goes really well with the right fins.  I've tried multiple sets of fins to get this board to hold/release/drive and run the way I thought it should - but for the longest time I wasn't feeling it.  Until today.


The Machado Quads on the heel side and the Noriega Keel on the toe side.


I was able to work this board and put it exactly where I wanted it while riding.  Tight cutbacks and sweeping carves - yup to both.  And it screams down the line!!!  


This session totally reinforced the brilliance of asymmetry and using science to get more out of surfing.  What a blast this board/fin combo is!!! 

W:96/F:85/S:31

No comments: