Saturday, April 27, 2024

Dawn Patrol - 4/27/2024

Rainy morning dawn patrol.

The surface had a lot of texture on it and the waves had some size.  Pretty much the opposite of the forecast.


And I brought the HPS980 thinking there wouldn't be a whole lot of energy in the waves... wrong!

And I'm not absolutely sure but as I was having a hard time getting the foil to lift the board clear of the water, I suspect the velcro straps were working to make the board "sticky".


Despite all that, I still had fun!  And if on my next session I can pop up and clear the board, I'll have learned something (fabric causes drag).  Which would be a darn shame because I'd rather not have to waste tape all the time. 

7 miles on the session - 2.5 hours out and came in with 25% battery.


Rides were kind of all over the place.  When I did clear the board, I did have some long rides.


I count 16 longer rides - which seems about right.  I did throttle up a lot more than that, but for the reasons listed above, I did not catch and ride those waves.


Definitely using the Spitfire and electrical tape tomorrow...

W:53/FD:27/F:4/S:9

No comments: