Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Garage Works - 4/17/2024

I passed up a surfing session today so I could get some work done on this next board.

I originally had the intention of cutting the blank out of the billet foam.


Then I figured I might as well get the nose rocker cut in.


And why not go ahead and get the chines in place.


And why stop now - dress up the top deck.  And then I used the dragon skin to blend in the interfaces and remove more bulk material.  And I figured why not use the rough sand paper and get the shape dialed in.


This was definitely a lot further than I was targeting today - but after two hours I had a 90% shaped and sanded blank.


I like the lines on this one.  I still have more sanding to do to get the symmetry dialed in.  Then I'll mark the centerline again and determine where the track block will sit. 


This is a detuned nose - no slight bow shape on this one.  But it also isn't a straight surfboard nose either - with some volume, this part of the board will contribute to the overall stability and will also not drive to one direction or another when it goes underwater (like after coming down from a jump).


Tomorrow I may be helping Matt dial in No.35 - but I'll at least remark the center line and get the track block situated.  Getting a board to this point in two hours... this might be a record for me - I don't want to lose the momentum!

No comments: